A Weekend of Luxury at the Nobu Hotel Marbella
photo credit: orange state
A TRIP TO SOUTHERN SPAIN
With summer just on the horizon, you might be looking into locations for your next escape... please look no further than Marbella! If I could recommend anywhere in the entire world it would be this quaint town during a tour around Spain. Grazing the southern coast, you'll find a sunny oasis with turquoise waters, premium dining, luxury shopping, night life and much more.
How did I hear about Marbella?
A friend of mine grew up in this beachside town and has been recommending it for years. With a craving for sunshine and sand after this winter, I took his advice and I am so glad I did!
What to do?
1. Bike along the Coastal Promenade Path With stunning ocean views, this flat relaxing ride on the Paseo Maritimo boardwalk connects the historic whitewashed buildings of the Old Town to the luxury shopping port of the rich & famous in Puerto Banus. Entire path is about 5 miles long (25 minutes by bike), but restaurants & shops line it if you ever need a pit stop.
2. Shopping in Puerto Banus Premium stores from Louis Vuitton, Chanel, to Hérmes face the yachts parked in this port village. It's was my favorite day to just pop in and window shop before enjoying a cocktail in one of their many restaurants. For more great shopping nearby, you can take a short taxi to La Canada Parque Comercial. It's a giant mall with stores from Zara, Topshop, MAC, Rituals, and Sephora.
3. Explore the Charming Narrow Alleys of Old Town Find that perfect instagram moment against one of their flower potted walls. End your day sipping freshly squeezed sangria under the courtyard's orange trees.
Where to stay?
Along the coastal Mediterranean waters, the Nobu Hotel is conveniently located halfway between historic Old Town Marbella and the chic harbor of Puerto Banus. This new Nobu location attracts an international crowd with its exclusive gastronomy plaza, sleek guest rooms, night club, and adult-only pool. You are guaranteed to feel like a VIP the moment you land, as your stay includes a complimentary airport pickup in one of their on-call Teslas. A vine laden bridge built by the Romans connects Nobu with their sister hotel on the property and all together you have access to four pools until you reach the beach. Whether visiting with girlfriends or on a honeymoon, you are sure to never forget your time here!
Top 3 Day Trips from Marbella?
1. Ride Camels in Tangier, Morocco A cosmopolitan port city, Tangier boasts a "lively medina, colorful souks, and atmospheric literary cafes" - well put by Spain Attractions. A personal dream of mine, there are day tours that leave from central Marbella and include transportation to Morocco. I didn't have time, but I have many friends that have visited with the company Viator and had a safe memorable experience.
2. Visit a Bull Fighting Ring in Ronda An hour drive north you'll find a picturesque mountaintop city. A must see is the epic The Puente Nuevo, aka new bridge, built in 1793 that overlooks the El Tajo gorge (search it on pinterest!) Then visit Plaza de Toros for a modern day bull fight and authentic Spanish experience.
3. Rappel inside the Slippery Caves in Gibraltar One hour south by car you'll be able to visit this British Overseas Territory where you can see two continents at once! If the beaches look busy, cool down for rappelling around a deep lagoon in St. Michael’s Cave. This exotic territory also has monkeys roaming free and dolphin watching tours for the adventurer in you.
With sun and sand at every turn, I highly recommend Marbella and a stay at the Nobu Hotel for your next vacation!
Thinking of visiting? Let a note in the comments below - would love to hear!
photo credit: traveler made